225 gms Savorit short macaroni
3 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, chopped
3 red (bell) peppers, seeded and cut into strips
3 courgettes (zucchini), sliced
400 g chopped tomatoes
3 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
salt and pepper
fresh basil sprigs, to garnish
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based saucepan or flameproof casserole. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add the (bell) peppers and courgettes (zucchini) and fry, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, sun-dried tomato paste and basil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil and add the pasta. Stir and bring back to the boil.
- Reduce the heat slightly and cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes, until just tender. Drain thoroughly and add to the vegetables. Toss gently to mix well.
- Transfer to a shallow flameproof dish and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Cook under a preheated grill (broiler) for 5 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown and bubbling. Garnish with basil sprigs and serve immediately.